Initial reports indicate that prominent right-wing activist and rabbi, Yehuda Glick, was shot outside the Menachem Begin Heritage Center near the German Colony in Jerusalem this evening, October 29. A gunmen riding a motorcycle reportedly opened fire when Glick was leaving the site, where he was giving a lecture. He is reportedly listed in serious condition and security forces are combing Arab neighborhoods to the east in search of the gunman. Glick was a member of The Temple Institute, which brought Jewish visitors to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The site has been the focus of increased tensions in Jerusalem as of late, with Muslims claiming Jews are attempting to seize the site and destroy the al-Aqsa Mosque. The attack is already being considered a dangerous escalation in an already tense city. To that point, Palestinians are reportedly shooting off fireworks in Jerusalem to celebrate the attack. Clashes should be expected in the city’s east over the coming hours.
- RT @PawanDurani: Here is the "group" picture of 3 Lashkar terrorists , Maajid, Shakir & Irshad who got killed late last night in Kakapora ,… 4 days ago
- #India: Militant infiltration from #Pakistan suspected in Punjab; border towns on alert 4 days ago
- RT @AlMonitor: #Fatah did not assume responsibility for #Jerusalem attack; but its activists cheered the perpetrators @shlomieldar https://… 5 days ago
- Palestinian assailant shot outside Adam settlement in Binyamin region 6 days ago
- RT @thegulftoday: India arrests villagers for cheering Pakistan cricketers bit.ly/2ryPClo https://t.co/dRLpkpXADa 6 days ago
About the Author
- 20,440 Views