Once again, India’s largest cities are bracing for militant attacks. Reports on January 22 indicated that four states, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Odisha, and Uttar Pradesh, in addition to Mumbai, are on high alert after the Intelligence Bureau (IB) warned that militants operating from Pakistan have been dispatched for attacks in these areas in the month of January, especially before January 28. President Obama is reportedly planning to visit India over January 25-27 for Republic Day. Pakistan-based militant organisations Jamaat-u-Dawa (JuD), Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) and Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) have dispatched four separate squads of fighters to India in order to carry out attacks in significant areas. Amazingly, the IB is also reportedly cognizant of some the militants’ names, which have been distributed to the public and state security forces. Additionally, as per the inputs gathered by the IB, militants have already infiltrated the four concerned states. Each team is believed to be responsible for attacking targets in the designated states. In Mumbai, meanwhile, the warning was focused on the Siddhivinayak Temple. Authorities believe an attack there is likely to be carried out on Tuesday, due to the large crowds of worshippers that normally arrive on this day of the week. Siddhivinayak is dedicated to Lord Ganesh and Tuesdays are considered holy. The temple is considered sacred, as it is one of the oldest of Lord Ganesh in Mumbai.
- “In two wars in Lebanon and Gaza I never saw a need to clear this kind of wall,” Kahane said ynetnews.com/articles/0,734… via @ynet 2 days ago
- North Korea, signs of missile launch Potential of ICBM: Nihon Keizai Shimbun nikkei.com/article/DGXLAS… 6 days ago
- RT @timesofindia: Top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abu Ismail, mastermind behind Amarnath Yatra attack, killed in an encounter at Aarigam, in… 6 days ago
- RT @PakStateTimes: Four killed in Quetta after gunmen open fire on vehiclea pstimes.com/2017/09/11/fou… 1 week ago
- Syrian military communication explicitly stating that Israeli missiles were fired from Lebanese airspace is important. 1 week ago
About the Author
- 20,484 Views